Friday, February 14, 2014

69 Calories in Cantaloupe Smoothie-Muskmelon-Kharbuja Juice


Only 69 Calories in Cantaloupe Smoothie ? yes its one of my best low calorie smoothie in every summer. just like banana cantaloupe fruit is rich in potassium which maintains blood pressure by balancing fluids and minerals in our body.

I saw this fruit in market and was very much attracted to its colour and the outer hard rocky texture. I came to know that its another breed of muskmelon also called Kharbuja With out making any delay I purchased it, brought home  and started cutting it.             


How to make low calories cantaloupe smoothie
   
I want to dice the fruit into cubes and mix with sugar. I love eating the melon cubes tossed with sugar. But my hubby likes the fruit's juice. So I started making this Cantaloupe Smoothie. 

Ingredients for Cantaloupe Smoothie

1. Cantaloupe - 1 (250 gms)
2. Sugar - 8 to 10 spoons  
3. Water - 1/2 cup

Procedure - How to make low Calories Cantaloupe Smoothie


1. Cut cantaloupe into 2 halves. Discard seeds and scoop the fruit
2. In a blender add fruit, sugar, water and blend to a thick smoothie
3. I called it smoothie as I didn't discard the pulpy part which we get after blending, bcoz pulp contains many nutrients.

Muskmelon-Kharbuja-Juice

4. I served the smoothie by topping with some finely chopped cantaloupe fruit pieces to get some nice crunchy taste while drinking the smoothie


5. Here presenting a beautiful cantaloupe rose :)


Cantaloupe Muskmelon fruit carving

Health benefits of eating cantaloupe

  • How many calories in cantaloupe - It has 69 Calories and 16g of carbohydrates in cantaloupe and are mostly from sugar. 
  • Cantaloupe during pregnancy - It is really good for pregnant women as it has essential nutrients required for pregnancy Healthy vitamins in cantaloupe are A and C, B1 which relieves heart burn in stomach and lowers metabolic syndrome.
  • Cantaloupe melon helps in curing lung diseases so it good for people who smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment